Results driven, world-class Test Preparation for an array of tests including SAT, SAT topic Tests, ACT, SSAT, TOEFL, IELTS, IB, and AP.
Our highly qualified instructors guide students into the most useful results in course subjects that are related as Chemistry, Biology, Calculus, Economics, English Literature, English Language, and much more.
The Edge provides a thorough consulting solution directing pupils through the difficult university application and selection procedure. Our counselors will be the finest in the industry at obtaining the results our parents demand.
Our worldwide group of specialists is right right here to assist you with doing better in college, acing the test and pursuing your dream university.
“Thank you greatly for the assistance to my son’s ACT planning.
Their score that is composite was having an 11/12 on writing. He’dn’t have already been in a position to accomplish that without your help additionally the Edge’s materials.”
— Parent of ACT Essentials Student
“Thank you for assisting our 4th youngster enter Yale.
It must be accurate documentation to possess 4 away from 4 young ones be assisted by one consultant and ALL enter the University that’s produced many Presidents when you look at the global globe.”
— Parent of 4 clients that are previous each received admissions nods to Yale University
Understand how The side can allow you to attain your academic objectives.
The Edge We We Blog
Prepare For Your Fall ACT & SAT!
Regardless if you are likely to be a higher school senior who intends to bring your ACT/SAT in be seduced by fulfilling very early choice / early action due dates or a higher college junior whom is designed to get university admissions test finished before senior year, the following two months will surely function as prime time for ACT/SAT…
A specialist Consider University Recognition Styles of 2019
Our Senior Admissions Consultant, Ally Ip, and Admissions Consultant, Antonia Chui, share exclusive insider intel to their techniques to greatly help students enter their fantasy organizations. If you fail to see the above mentioned image, please view here: the typical Quality class Guide – An Expert Look Into University Acceptance styles of 2019 concerning the Edge The Edge Learning…
2019 IB Math Typical Core (SL & HL)
Once the brand new IB Math curriculum are going to be launched this Sept 2019 when it comes to IB Class of 2021, The Edge will run a brand new IB Math Common Core program come july 1st to assist pupils who will be visiting the very first year of IB have prepared for the future syllabus changes because well as stay ahead…
CNN Interview with all the Side
Our Senior Admissions Consultant, Ally Ip, joined up with an interview that is live CNN News Stream anchored by Anna Coren may 3 to generally share her understanding regarding the university application procedure in the usa and admissions scandal occurring recently. Listed here is the video clip that is full. https://youtu.be/PLspy1IfazU In regards to the Edge The Edge Learning Center is Hong Kong’s premier…
ACT vs SAT – Which test is more ideal for you?
Test yourself: IB Math SL and HL – what type suit you better?
Based on the IB Programme, pupils have to just take a minumum of one program in math and computer science as an elective. For the pre-IB pupils, have actually you made a decision to take IB Math Standard amount (SL) or more degree (HL)? Whether you should take the SL or the HL, if you aren’t confident in…
301: Academic Techniques Centre
Academic essays often follow a recognised organisational framework that assists the journalist to convey their some ideas in an obvious means therefore the audience to check out the thread of the argument. Essay framework is directed by its content and argument so every essay will pose unique structural challenges. Having a better comprehension of the absolute most effective approaches to shape your writing might help one to prepare and organise this content of one’s essays and work out yes you obtain your opinions across.
Organising your ideas and ideas into an agenda ahead of time will allow you to to develop an argument that is coherent enable you to focus attention more completely in the writing procedure it self when you place your plan into action. Take to after these actions to build up a highly effective essay framework:
1. Understand the Question
Lecturers often complain that students don’t answer fully the question. be sure you make time to comprehend the concern! Ask the tutor for clarification if required. Remember to comprehend the concern.
- May be the relevant question open-ended or shut? When it is open-ended you will have to narrow it down. Explain just just how and exactly why you decide to restrict it when you look at the introduction to your essay, so you are known by the reader appreciate the wider dilemmas, but you could additionally be selective.
- When it is a question that is closed your solution must relate to and stay inside the restrictions associated with concern (for example. certain times, texts, or nations).
- So what can you infer through the name in regards to the framework for the essay?
2. Brainstorm for Tips
- Everything you realize about the topic – from lectures, reading etc.
- That which you have no idea about the subject, but have to find off to answer fully the question
- Feasible reactions or answers to your concern – any some ideas regarding your summary.
- Consider utilizing a brain map to organise your thinking.
3. Make an agenda
- Preparing your essay helps it be much more likely which you have coherent argument
- It allows you to workout a rational framework and a finish point for the argument before starting writing
- It indicates it’s not necessary to repeat this variety your writers of complex reasoning during the exact same time as looking for the best terms to state your opinions
- You are helped by it to commit you to ultimately adhering to the idea!
- Utilize the name to plan the essay (description, comparison, analysis?)
- Exactly exactly just What framework is best suited when it comes to subject?
- Make use of template plan?
Draft an overview
P1 – Introduction: Address the relevant concern, show why it really is intriguing and the way the essay will respond to it. Develop a mission that is overall (start to see the Structure and Planning session to find out more).
P2 – principal Body: Grow your argument. Place your categories of some ideas in a series in order to make an argument that is persuasive. One point that is main each paragraph. Spending some time to create yes development of some ideas is rational.
P3, P4, P5 etc.
- Structure WEED – What, Proof, Example, Do
P6 – Summary: Summarise your arguments and proof, and show the way they answer the original concern.